Tourism Industry Update
- Taiwan Outbound Departure Statistics, May 2022
- Inbound Visitor Statistics for May 2022
- DGBAS Latest Economic Indicators for May 2022
- To Take Advantage of the Significant Business Opportunity of the Post-epidemic Recovery, the Tourism Sector Is Shifting From the “First Row of the Tsunami” to the “First Row of the Ocean View”
- There Were No Visitors Arriving in Japan on the Opening Day of the Country’s Unblocking. A V-Shaped Rebound Is Difficult to See. How Should Taiwan’s Tourism Sector React to This?
- The Chaos of Pandemic Insurance Is Not Over! Credit Card Travel Safety Insurance Will Be Reduced Next Year
- High Fares, Rising Economic Worries Threaten to Impact Airline Industry Recovery
- Sneakers, Tattoos, a Nose Ring… After the Pandemic, Not Only Are the Borders Unlocked, but Also the Flight Attendants’ Clothing and Grooming?
- The “2021 Taiwan Digital Advertising Statistics Report” Was Released by the DMA. The Total Market Value Surpassed $50 Billion!
- Keep Up With TWITTER! NFT Will Be On Instagram, and Collectibles Will Be Shared in All Forms in the Future!
- TikTok Is Facebook’s Main Competitor, and the Interface and Algorithm Will Be More “TIKTOK-Like”
- “Future of Influencer Marketing” Is TikTok Better Than Instagram? Four Big Data Indications Can Help You Select the Right Platform
Must Know for International Travel
ー Tourism Industry Update ー
Taiwan Outbound Departure Statistics, May 2022
- 45,602 Taiwanese went abroad in May 2022, increasing 86.17% from the same period of 2021 when 24,495 people went abroad.
- The top destination for outbound travelers in May 2022 was America, followed by China, Vietnam, Singapore and Japan. Vietnam has the highest outbound travel destination rate, rising 783.03 % from the same period of 2021.
Inbound Visitor Statistics for May 2022
In May 2022, Taiwan had 32,466 inbound visitors, increasing 202.88% from the same month of 2021.
Source: Tourism Bureau, Ministry of Transportation and Communications
DGBAS Latest Economic Indicators for May 2022
- There were 11.37 million people employed and 434,000 unemployed in May, resulting in an unemployment rate of 3.68%, which was 3.73% after seasonal adjustments. The labor participation rate was 59.05%.
- In April 2022, the average regular wage for employed workers was NT$44,353, which had 0.03% decreasing month-over-month and 2.7% growth year-over-year. The average monthly earnings, including bonuses, overtime pay, and other irregular income, were NT$51,492, which had 3.08% growth year-over-year.
Source: DGBAS Latest Indicators
To Take Advantage of the Significant Business Opportunity
of the Post-epidemic Recovery,
the Tourism Sector Is Shifting
From the “First Row of the Tsunami”
to the “First Row of the Ocean View”
Despite the challenges it is currently facing, the tourism industry has taken advantage of the impact of the pandemic to consider reinvention. The government aims to better the tourism sector’s scope and quality while also encouraging it to acquire new digital capabilities. The financial sector should also work hard to connect finance and produce mutually beneficial tourism outcomes.
Source: Business Next
There WereNo Visitors Arriving in Japan
on the Opening Day of the Country’s Unblocking.
A V-Shaped Rebound Is Difficult to See.
How Should Taiwan’s Tourism Sector React to This?
Following the opening of Korea and Japan to visitors, Taiwan is anticipated to open to inbound and outbound travel in the second half of the year. After two years of boredom, the tourism industry is ready to take off. Why do consumers love European tours in addition to Japan?
Source: CommonWealth Magazine
The Chaos of Pandemic Insurance Is Not Over!
Credit Card Travel Safety Insurance
Will Be Reduced Next Year
The global epidemic is slowing down, and many people can’t resist the desire to fly abroad. However, the chaos of pandemic insurance has not stopped, and insurance companies have stopped selling travel safety insurance and overseas sudden illness insurance due to risk considerations. Credit card travel insurance and inconvenience insurance may be cut from next year.
Source: COMMERCIAL TIMES
High Fares, Rising Economic Worries
Threaten to Impact Airline Industry Recovery
Travel demand was suppressed throughout the epidemic, forcing consumers to accept expensive rates, but with the end of the summer travel season, as well as inflation and rising interest rates beginning to have an impact, economic concerns are threatening to impact airline recovery once again.
Source: Liberty Times
Sneakers, Tattoos, a Nose Ring…
After the Pandemic, Not Only Are the Borders Unlocked,
but Also the Flight Attendants’ Clothing and Grooming?
The pandemic has accelerated a global “wave of clothing and grooming liberalization." Old and new airline companies are loosening traditionally strict dress code standards not only to encourage inclusiveness and diversity, but also to attract and retain talent.
Source: Business Weekly
ー Media News ー
The “2021 Taiwan Digital Advertising Statistics Report”
Was Released by the DMA.
The Total Market Value Surpassed $50 Billion!
Taiwan Digital Media and Marketing Association, DMA dedicated to encouraging the integration of local industry resources and the development of a healthy media ecosystem, has released the annual “2021 Taiwan Digital Advertising Statistics." The following are the major figures and observations:
*The whole market has surpassed 50 billion, reaching 54.43 billion. In comparison to 48.256 billion in 2020, the growth rate is 12.8%. The key growth engine remains large worldwide platform players, as it has in the past.
*According to the type of media platform, the total number of social media platforms is 20.66 billion, with a growth rate of 13.5%, which is greater than the general media’s 12.4%.
Keep Up With TWITTER!
NFT Will Be On Instagram,
and Collectibles Will Be Shared in All Forms in the Future!
If you are an NFT fan or creator, you will soon be able to display your work on Instagram. For months, people have been discussing the possibility of these virtual items appearing on mainstream social networks, and Instagram was among the first to go on board. Furthermore, Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg revealed that Facebook will be available soon.
TikTok Is Facebook’s Main Competitor,
and the Interface and Algorithm
Will Be More “TIKTOK-Like”
Facebook has claimed that TikTok is its number one competitor. It recently conveyed to staff in an internal letter that it intends to make the Facebook News Feed algorithm more similar to TikTok. It will concentrate on recommending specific content to consumers; also, Messenger will re-merge with Facebook to distribute messages from the platform and other users.
Source: Business Next
“Future of Influencer Marketing”
Is TikTok Better Than Instagram?
Four Big Data Indications
Can Help You Select the Right Platform
The pandemic has had an impact on the world over the last two years, and consumers have reduced their travel and outings. So, looking for entertainment on the Internet and staying in touch with family and friends; this has doubled people’s dependency on social media platforms, while paying more attention to Internet influencers on the creator.
In response to this trend, major brands have increased their social media investments and actively formed partnerships with influencers who can urge consumers to shop. The marketing benefits provided by TikTok influencers are rapidly spreading, particularly in Southeast Asia! If you are confused: what exactly is an influencer? How should brands start and which platform should they choose?
Source: Business Next