Tourism Industry Update
- Taiwan Outbound Departure Statistics for July 2022
- Taiwan Inbound Visitor Statistics for July 2022
- DGBAS Latest Economic Indicators for July 2022
- Boeing: The Earliest Timing for the Full Recovery of Global Airline Market Marks 2 Years Later
- Aim for Unblocking Boarders! China Airlines Introduces “LINE Pay” for Ticket Booking with Points Redemption Service
- Tourism Industry Looks Forward to the Upsurge of Cross-Border Travel While 35% of People are Optimistic for Border Unblocking in October
- Kaohsiung Port Cruise Terminal Will Welcome Cruise Lines as their Homeport in October
- Further Loosening for Border Restrictions: Cancellation of PCR Test Requirement
- Netflix is Also Placing This Campaign! Why Does ‘OOH (Out-Of-Home)’ Advertisement Become the Constantly Growing Legacy Media in Digital Era?
- Irritating Full Screen Advertisement? Google’s New Policy Will Fully Shut It Down
- Facebook Live Shopping Will Be Going Away as the Focus is Shifted to Reels
- 40% of Gen Z is Using TikTok to Make Searches for Finding Restaurants and Information! How Should the Former Great Search Engine Grapple with TikTok?
Must Know for International Travel
ー Tourism Industry Update ー
Taiwan Outbound Departure Statistics for July 2022
- 102,395 Taiwanese went abroad in July 2022, increasing 177.11% from the same period of 2021 when 36,951 people went abroad.
- The top destination for outbound travellers in July 2022 was America, followed by Vietnam, China, Singapore and Thailand. Vietnam has the highest outbound travel destination rate, rising 2115.43 % from the same period of 2021.
Taiwan Inbound Visitor Statistics for July 2022
In July 2022, Taiwan had 49,991 inbound visitors, increasing 812.24% from the same month of 2021.
DGBAS Latest Economic Indicators for July 2022
- There were 11.39 million people employed and 448,000 unemployed in July, resulting in an unemployment rate of 3.78%, which was 3.68% after seasonal adjustments. The labor participation rate was 59.28%.
- In June 2022, the average regular wage for employed workers was NT$44,324, which had 0.21% decreasing month-over-month and 4.03% growth year-over-year.
Source: DGBAS Latest Indicators
Boeing: The Earliest Timing for the Full Recovery
of Global Airline Market Marks 2 Years Later
The American aerospace company, Boeing Company (BA-US), pointed out in the online press conference on 22nd Aug that the demand and supply in airline market currently have been growing synchronously. Some of the areas even reach to the convey capacity before the pandemic. However due to different timelines of border opening in each country, the full recovery of global airline market predicted will be 2024 to 2025.
Aim for Unblocking Boarders!
China Airlines Introduces “LINE Pay” for Ticket Booking
with Points Redemption Service
With over 10 millions users of LINE Pay, China Airlines continues to expand mobile payment options. Outbound departure routes from Taiwan and eMail shopping can be purchased by LINE Pay now. Once passengers link their credit card, debit card or iPASS MONEY account (including VISA, Master Card and JCB issued by any Taiwanese Bank) to LINE Pay account, it will be much easier to make payments without typing in all information every time. The LIND Pay service includes flight booking, date changing, seat selecting and overweight baggage fee, as well as the China Airlines eMail shopping.
Tourism Industry Looks Forward to the Upsurge
of Cross-Border Travel While 35% of People
are Optimistic for Borders Unblocking in October
As every country opens up borders gradually, tourism industry looks forward to the upsurge of cross-border travel. According to the travel industry statistics, 35% of people are optimistic for borders unblocking in October with no quarantine needed upon entry; 32% of people even believe the re-opening will be in September.
Kaohsiung Port Cruise Terminal
Will Welcome Cruise Lines as their Homeport in October
Ministry of Transportation and Communications funds 4.5 billions for the newly erected Kaohsiung Port Cruise Terminal which will be ready for the post-pandemic cruise market and putting up fresh looks onto the facade of oceanic country in the south. Kaohsiung Port Cruise Terminal will not only hugely increase the efficiency in customs but can also fulfil passengers’ needs with ‘Profond’ duty free shop service. The aims of Kaohsiung Port Cruise Terminal are actively introduce international cruise lines to the terminal and be their homeport.
Source: COMMERCIAL TIMES
Further Loosening for Border Restrictions:
Cancellation of PCR Test Requirement
Executive Yuan hosted the pandemic prevention conference on 15th August with the Premier Su, Tseng-Chang stated since the decrease of global pandemic and domestic cases, there has been some changes for the border restriction regulation from last month. The 48 hour PCR test report is cancelled for all passengers traveling to Taiwan.
ー Media News ー
Netflix is Also Placing This Campaign!
Why Does ‘OOH (Out-Of-Home)’ Advertisement
Become the Constantly Growing Legacy Media in Digital Era?
In the past 3 years, customer shopping habits have changed due to the immensely growing of streaming service and ongoing inflation. Moreover, it has been very competitive in the streaming service industry. In Forbes report, the decline of pandemic has encouraged people to spend more time outdoor. Hence, this summer, many streaming service media choose OOH (Out-Of-Home) advertisement to promote their service whilst customers value their privacy more. With its decades of history, what will be the benefit and advantage of OOH when it works with technology?
Source: Future Commerce
Irritating Full Screen Advertisement?
Google’s New Policy Will Fully Shut It Down
According to the Developer Program Policy announced by Google, 2 kinds of advertisements will not be shown in the apps launched by Google Play. Full screen interstitial advertisement of all formats (video, GIF, static, etc.) are not allowed during game play at the beginning or in certain segment. Secondly, full screen interstitial advertisement that is not closeable after 15 seconds is not allowed as well. Therefore, the advertisement can not be extended.
Facebook Live Shopping Will Be Going Away
as the Focus is Shifted to Reels
Facebook announced they will turn off Live Shopping and shift their focus on Reels. Users will no longer be able to host any new or scheduled Live Shopping events on Facebook. People can still use Facebook Live to broadcast live events, but will not be able to creat product lists or tag products in the Facebook Live videos.
40% of Gen Z is Using TikTok to Make Searches
for Finding Restaurants and Information!
How Should the Former Great Search Engine Grapple with TikTok?
From the latest research, about 40% of Gen Z use TikTok and Instagram over Google to look up food places. It shows the impact of TikTok is not only on social media but also on search engine.
Source: Business Next