Tourism Industry Update
- Taiwan Outbound Departure Statistics for November 2022
- Taiwan Inbound Visitor Statistics for November 2022
- DGBAS Latest Economic Indicators for November 2022
- AirAsia Entering Recovery of Passenger Air Route
- Chinese Tourists are Back! Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China Announced Border Opening for the Citizen to Travel Abroad from 8 January
- Airline Industry Adopts Rolling-Wave Planning for Flights Between Taiwan and Mainland
- Overseas Travel Upsurge Creates Over 110,000 Passport Applications in December in Taipei. Passport Issuing Day Will be Extended to 6 Days from 3 January
- Travellers Facing Expensive Airline Ticket Fares in Foreseeable Future As There is an Aircrafts Order Backlog from Manufacturers
- Have You Googled it? Google’s “Year in Search 2022” Review for Taiwan
- Netflix Refunds Advertisers After Missing Viewership Targets with Its Ad-Supported Plan
- Why Spotify Makes Wrapped Its Annual Marketing Moment
- What is LinkedIn? 3 Types of People Suitable for LinkedIn
Must Know for International Travel
ー Tourism Industry Update ー
Taiwan Outbound Departure Statistics for November 2022
- 276,570 Taiwanese went abroad in November 2022, increasing 1134,63% from the same period of 2021 when 22,401 people went abroad.
- The top destination for outbound travellers in November 2022 was Japan, followed by America, Thailand, Vietnam and Korea. Japan has the highest outbound travel destination rate, rising 8679.35 % from the same period of 2021.
Taiwan Inbound Visitor Statistics for November 2022
In November 2022, Taiwan had 173,137 inbound visitors, increasing 1186.21% from the same month of 2021.
DGBAS Latest Economic Indicators for November 2022
- There were 11.43 million people employed and 428,000 unemployed in November, resulting in an unemployment rate of 3.61%, which was 3.64% after seasonal adjustments. The labor participation rate was 59.20%.
- In October 2022, the average regular wage for employed workers was NT$44,528, which had 0.30% decreasing month-over-month and 2.15% growth year-over-year. The average monthly earnings, including bonuses, overtime pay, and other irregular income, were NT$50,449, which had 0.67% growth year-over-year.
Source: DGBAS Latest Indicators
AirAsia Entering Recovery of Passenger Air Route
Airline industry has been in its biggest crisis due to COVID-19 pandemic, with airline companies making redundancy, some even closed down. However, according to the second half-year financial report, the capacity of passenger flight has recovered to 65% of 2019. Many airline companies in Asia-Pacific area could turn losses into profits.
Chinese Tourists are Back! Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China Announced Border Opening for the Citizen to Travel Abroad from 8 January
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China made the announcement of “Notice on Interim Measures on Travel by Chinese and Foreign Personnel” in the evening of 26 December. Apart from the Zero-COVID policy, it is highly discussed that Chinese people will be able to travel abroad from 8 January 2023 by the approval of the government.
Airline Industry Adopts Rolling-Wave Planning for Flights
Between Taiwan and Mainland
With the unblock of China border, the last piece of the puzzle for passenger airline could be filled. Depending on the market needs, China Airlines and EVA Air will adopt rolling-wave planning for the operation in order to meet the demand from Chinese tourists. Tourism industry is also ready, expecting the lift of group travel restriction to China, Hong Kong and Macao in 2023.
Overseas Travel Upsurge Creates Over 110,000 Passport Applications in December in Taipei. Passport Issuing Day Will
be Extended to 6 Days from 3 January
With the decrease of COVID-19 cases and unblock of country borders, overseas travel upsurge creates huge amounts of passport applications. According to Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, there were over 110,000 passport applications in December in Taipei office, and staff need to work 2 to 3 hours overtime everyday. Thus, considering the labour rights, from 3 January 2023, passport issuing day will be extended from 4 working days to 6 working days. People can still pay extra fees for urgent service.
Travellers Facing Expensive Airline Ticket Fares in Foreseeable Future As There is an Aircrafts Order Backlog from Manufacturers
In the post-COVID era, many countries have reopened the borders, and aim to recover the tourism industry market. However, international airline ticket fares remain elevated as the business has just resumed from the long period of lockdown. According to the analyst reports quoted on Bloomberg, the two major passenger airliners, Boeing Co and Airbus, cannot fully recover the production line in foreseeable future for the orders. Hence, the world is running desperately short of planes. It also indicates travellers will be facing expensive airline ticket fares.
ー Media News ー
Have You Googled it?
Google’s “Year in Search 2022” Review for Taiwan
Among international travel destinations, Japan reaffirmed its status as a favourite of Taiwanese tourists in post-COVID era, with Okinawa, Tokyo, Osaka and Hokkaido finishing in places one to four. It also shows the Taiwan-Japan strong friendship relation.
Netflix Refunds Advertisers After Missing Viewership
Targets with Its Ad-Supported Plan
According to Digiday’s report, Netflix is falling short of ad-supported viewership guarantees made to advertisers. The streaming service has only delivered roughly 80% of the expected audience. Some advertisers ask for refund on ads that have not yet run on the platform, and Netflix agrees to give the money back.
Spotify Wrapped 2022, one of the streaming platform’s biggest marketing campaigns of the year. Why Spotify Makes Wrapped Its Annual Marketing Moment?
Toward the end of the year, it is the time when each streaming platform kicks off the annual review. This year, the music streaming platform, Spotify, launched the new function “Audio Day” and personality result on its Wrapped. Users can know their listening personality from the analysis of their music taste. The campaign’s integration in social media, OOH (Out-of-Home) and more recently the online gaming platform Roblox, offers the platform a massive new users reach and participation. Why is Spotify Wrapped becoming so popular? And what is the concept of the design this year?
Source: Future Commerce
What is LinkedIn? 3 Types of People Suitable for LinkedIn
What is LinkedIn? LinkedIn is a professional network service platform, similar to Facebook’s Workplace. On the homepage of LinkedIn, there are buttons for My Network, Jobs etc, hence the main function on LinkedIn is to networking and looking for vacancies. By introducing yourself on LinkedIn, there will be more opportunities to market your experience and approach employment. Company’s job advertising on LinkedIn is also a good way to shape the brand and establish company’s vision. It is considered probable to look for the future work partners on the platform. Moreover, there are numerous functions on LinkedIn for individual users.