Tourism Industry Update
- Taiwan Outbound Departure Statistics for December 2022
- Taiwan Inbound Visitor Statistics for December 2022
- DGBAS Latest Economic Indicators for December 2022
- Green Travel is The Current Trend: China Airlines and EVA Air Encourage Travellers to Buy “Carbon Credit”
- A Brighter Future for Airline Industry After Pandemic: Ongoing Recruitment and New Waypoint Arrangement Showing Prosperity
- 3 Main Factors Lead to Price Increases in Travelling With at Least 50% More Budget Needs to be Prepared
- Overflowed in Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport During Lunar New Year Holiday With the Record of 720 Thousands Travellers Reaching New Peak From the Last 3 Years
- NHK: Japan to Downgrade COVID-19 to Flu Level in Spring
- Top 3 Subjects of Digital Advertising Predictions for 2023
- LinkedIn Short Video and Instagram Live Shopping: 5 Major Social Media Trends in 2023
- Key Points of Marketing Tendency in 2023: Short Video, AI and How Does Social Media Apply Advertising Strategies?
- Meta Launches New Advertising Strategy: Expanding Ad Targeting Restrictions for Teens
Must Know for International Travel
ー Tourism Industry Update ー
Taiwan Outbound Departure Statistics for December 2022
- 393,338 Taiwanese went abroad in December 2022, increasing 1376.16% from the same period of 2021 when 26,646 people went abroad.
- The top destination for outbound travellers in December 2022 was Japan, followed by America, Thailand, Korea and Vietnam. Japan has the highest outbound travel destination rate, rising 13433.10 % from the same period of 2021.
Taiwan Inbound Visitor Statistics for December 2022
In December 2022, Taiwan had 302,100 inbound visitors, increasing 2923.42% from the same month of 2021.
Source: Tourism Bureau, Ministry of Transportation and Communications
Full Article: https://bit.ly/3qIIl13
DGBAS Latest Economic Indicators for December 2022
- There were 11.45 million people employed and 418,000 unemployed in December, resulting in an unemployment rate of 3.52%, which was 3.61% after seasonal adjustments. The labor participation rate was 59.17%.
- In November 2022, the average regular wage for employed workers was NT$44,682, which had 0.33% increasing month-over-month and 2.35% growth year-over-year. The average monthly earnings, including bonuses, overtime pay, and other irregular income, were NT$51,157, which had 1.99% growth year-over-year.
Source: DGBAS Latest Indicators
Green Travel is The Current Trend: China Airlines and EVA Air Encourage Travellers to Buy “Carbon Credits”
Net Zero Emissions has been the sustainable development goal for corporations. Recently, China Airlines and EVA Air launched Carbon Offset Programme, encouraging passengers to buy Carbon Credits on a flight with few hundreds of New Taiwanese Dollars. Customers will be able to achieve the target of zero-carbon travel.
Source: Central News Agency
A Brighter Future for Airline Industry After Pandemic: Ongoing Recruitment and New Waypoint Arrangement Showing Prosperity
After the border lifting in October 2022, the demand for air transportation rises rapidly. According to Civil Aeronautics Administration, 4 of 7 National carriers were in the state of loss from Q1 to Q3 2022. However, the industry is still optimistic for the tourism market. Apart from more recruitment, new waypoints are arranged hoping for a prosperous future as it was before the pandemic.
Source: TTV News
3 Main Factors Lead to Price Increases in Travelling with at Least 50% More Budget Needs to be Prepared
According to the statistics, airline ticket price in Lunar New Year 2023 increases 30-50 %. Travel agency mentions that domestic hotel price rose 10% in Q1 with 40% more expensive for travelling abroad. This shows with the impacts of inflation, customers need to pay more than before both for domestic and international travel. Moreover, although the pandemic is nearly finished, the tourism industry is experiencing shorthanded and in shortage of components. Travelling fares in the future possibly would not return to the pre-COVID level.
Overseas Travel Upsurge Creates Over 110,000 Passport Applications in December in Taipei. Passport Issuing Day
Will be Extended to 6 Days from 3 January
Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport was overflowed with travellers during 2023 Lunar New Year holiday due to the 10-day long holiday and border reopening. There were over 720 thousands travellers from both outbound departure and inbound visitors with the highest visit of 84,968 people on 28 January which breaks the single-day-visit record in this year (outbound 46,032 visits; inbound 38,946 visits). The second highest visit was on 27 January with overall 79,513 people travelling.
NHK: Japan to Downgrade COVID-19 to Flu Level in Spring
According to NHK, Japanese government is planning on downgrading COVID-19’s legal status as an infectious disease and placing it on the same level as the seasonal flu. This would be helpful for lifting its COVID-19 restrictions
ー Media News ー
Top 3 Subjects of Digital Advertising Predictions
Let’s have a look on the top 3 subjects predicted in digital advertising for 2023
LinkedIn Short Video and Instagram Live Shopping:
5 Major Social Media Trends in 2023
This article points out 5 main changes in 2023, including viral marketing, vertical short video, real-time customer service and ordering, and LinkedIn business tool, which assist brands with decisive opportunities in digitalisation.
Viral Marketing instead of friends and family’s reposting. TikTok SEO is becoming the focal point.
Always come up with Google first when thinking about what’s for lunch? Not for generation Z! According to statistics, 40 % of generation Z use TikTok or Instagram to look for restaurants more than the usage of Google and Bing.
Key Points of Marketing Tendency in 2023: Short Video, AI and How Does Social Media Apply Advertising Strategies?
This article summaries top 3 key points of marketing tendency in 2023. Let’s see what are the latest news worth for attentions!
Work Smart Using Short Videos, Traffic Can Be Fresh Cash!
When it comes to short videos, TikTok is not only the social media which reaches 1 billion on the internet quicker than any other platform, but also defeated Google in 2021 with the highest traffic. Although recently there are news of the company laying off employees while investors are lacking confidence, the public is still optimistic about the impact on young generation from TikTok.
Source: Storm Media
Meta Launches New Advertising Strategy: Expanding Ad Targeting Restrictions for Teens
Meta announced on 10 January that the company is upping its data privacy processes for young users. Starting from February, Meta will remove gender as an option for advertisers to reach teens. However, age and location will be the only information about a teen that advertisers will use to show them ads on Facebook and Instagram.