Tourism Industry Update
- Taiwan Outbound Departure Statistics for January 2023
- Taiwan Inbound Visitor Statistics for January 2023
- DGBAS Latest Economic Indicators for January 2023
- Kaohsiung and Hong Kong as the Dual Homeports for International Cruise with Japanese Cruise Coming at the End of This Year
- More Cruise Holidays. Large International Cruises Resume Keelung Port
- A Rapid Increase in Taiwanese Travelling to Japan. MOFA: A 520% Growth from the same period of January 2022
- Cathay Financial Holdings: Top 2 Travel Destinations, 73.1% of People Planning to Travel Abroad in 2023
- “Ecotourism” the New Way to Travel in Thailand in 2023. AirAsia Promoting Sales
- SoundOn Reveals “Sound Economy 2022” Annual Report Seeing 100 Million Podcast Commercial Opportunity Estimation
- Meta Points Out 7 Social Media Trends From AI Applying to Short Video, How Could Corporation Grasp It?
- Instagram Founders Launching “Text-Based” Social Media! As Short Video Taking the Leading Role, How Can the New APP be the Future of Social?
- New Way for Creators to Deepen Connections with Followers. Instagram’s Broadcast Channels, A One-To-Many Messaging Tool
Must Know for International Travel
ー Tourism Industry Update ー
Taiwan Outbound Departure Statistics for January 2023
- 696,474 Taiwanese went abroad in January 2023, increasing 2586,50% from the same period of 2022 when 25,925 people went abroad.
- The top destination for outbound travellers in January 2023 was Japan, followed by Thailand, Vietnam, Korea and America. Japan has the highest outbound travel destination rate, rising 19275.83 % from the same period of 2022.
Taiwan Inbound Visitor Statistics for January 2023
In January 2023, Taiwan had 254,359 inbound visitors, increasing 3229.74% from the same month of 2022.
Source: Tourism Bureau, Ministry of Transportation and Communications
Full Article: https://bit.ly/3qIIl13
DGBAS Latest Economic Indicators for January 2023
- There were 11.47 million people employed and 416,000 unemployed in January, resulting in an unemployment rate of 3.50%, which was 3.60% after seasonal adjustments. The labor participation rate was 59.17%.
- In December 2022, the average regular wage for employed workers was NT$44,955, which had 0.64% increasing month-over-month and 2.22% growth year-over-year. The average monthly earnings, including bonuses, overtime pay, and other irregular income, were NT$57,405, which had 3.53% growth year-over-year.
Source: DGBAS Latest Indicators
Kaohsiung and Hong Kong as the Dual Homeports for International Cruise with Japanese Cruise Coming
at the End of This Year
More good news on welcoming international cruise in Taiwan! With 174 forecast cruises this year, 3 major international ports, Kaohsiung Port, Keelung Port and Hualien Port, will have over 280 thousands domestic and foreign visitors. Travellers from Singapore, Philippines and Thailand could gather in Hong Kong and cruise to Kaohsiung to stay for few days, pick up Taiwanese travellers then head to Hong Kong. Hence Kaohsiung and Hong Kong ports become the dual homeports. There will also be Japanese cruise line docking at Kaohsiung and Penhu. The cruise industry is ready for the post-pandemic market.
Source: Liberty Times
More Cruise Holidays. Large International Cruises Resume Keelung Port
International cruises are finally arriving! Since last March, Keelung Port has been very quiet for nearly a year without cruise travellers due to COVID-19 pandemic after the Explorer Dream departed from the port. Following the easement of the global pandemic, central and local governments are trying to bring travelling back to normal. There will be large international cruises resume Keelung Port on 7 March after a long time.
Source: SET News
A Rapid Increase in Taiwanese Travelling to Japan. MOFA: A 520% Growth from the same period of 2022
According to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, there is a rapid increase in the number of Taiwanese travelling to Japan after the border unblocking. Around 259,000 people travelled to Japan in January 2023, seeing a 520% growth from January 2022. Taiwan-Japan Relations Association Secretary General Chou Shyue-Yow mentioned: the recovery of travelling to Japan has gone back to 67% of January 2019 before the pandemic.
Cathay Financial Holdings: Top 2 Travel Destinations, 73.1% of People Planning to Travel Abroad in 2023
After the 2-year border restrictions, Taiwan has unlocked its borders from the last October. People are more than happy and can’t wait to plan travel itineraries. According to Cathay Financial Holdings, 73.1% of people are planning to travel abroad in 2023 while 54.9% of people choose Japan and South Korea for their top 2 destinations.
Source:Central News Agency
“Ecotourism” the New Way to Travel in Thailand in 2023. AirAsia Promoting Sales
Tourism Authority of Thailand Taipei Division, joined by AirAsia, held a news conference. TAT Taipei states that this will be the year to welcome the new way to travel in Thailand. Since the pandemic, travellers have changed their preferences of overseas travel with more focus on ecological and environmental holiday. Hence, TAT Taipei also launches more new holiday packages to meet the needs in the market.
ー Media News ー
SoundOn Reveals “Sound Economy 2022” Annual Report Seeing 100 Million Podcast Commercial Opportunity Estimation
The year of 2022 was considered “The very first year to cash out Taiwanese Podcasts “. According to SoundOn’s latest annual report “Sound Economy 2022”, the estimation in commercial opportunities of Taiwanese Podcast market reaches to 100 million milestone. Betty Wu’s programme is the top 1 on both business and history categories. Traditional media such as CommonWealth Magazine, News98 and UFO Radio connect to new audience and become the top 3 on news category.
Meta Points Out 7 Social Media Trends From AI Applying to Short Video, How Could Corporation Grasp It?
Building the brand image on social media is essential for business. However in the ever-changing market, do companies really understand where to start? Patrick Pan, Meta’s Head of Taiwan and Hong Kong General Manager, points out 7 crucial trends for corporation to develop.
Social media trends in 2023 worth for the attention and application for corporations:
- Business Message
- Cross-border Shopping
- Online Shopping
- Short Video
Artifact opens to a feed of popular articles chosen from a curated list of publishers ranging from leading news organisations like The New York Times to small-scale blogs about niche topics. And will soon let you discuss those articles with friends. Tap on articles that interest you, and Artifact will serve you similar posts and stories in the future, just as watching videos on TikTok’s For You page tunes its algorithm over time.
Instagram Founders Launching “Text-Based” Social Media! As Short Video Taking the Leading Role, How Can the New APP be the Future of Social?
Source: Business Next
New Way for Creators to Deepen Connections with Followers. Instagram’s Broadcast Channels, A One-To-Many Messaging Tool
Meta launched new function “Broadcast Channels” for creators to share text, video and pictures with a one-to-many message tool. To launch this new tool, Mark Zuckerberg announced broadcast channels on Instagram with his own “Meta Channel”. In the coming months, Instagram will be adding more features with the announcement updated on this channel. Meta is currently testing broadcast channels with a handful of U.S. And will have more to share as broadcast channels become more widely available.