Tourism Industry Update
- Taiwan Outbound Departure Statistics for October 2022
- Taiwan Inbound Visitor Statistics for October 2022
- DGBAS Latest Economic Indicators for October 2022
- With No Growing of Flight Numbers and Waypoints in China, and Second Tier Airports Not Ready in Japan, Vietnam Becomes the Most Favoured Flight RouteAirports
- Emirates Resumes COVID-19 Medical Travel Insurance. Up to NTD 5.46 Millions Coverage for COVID-19 Positive Travellers
- China Airlines Increases Passenger Air Routes for Greater Profits During Lunar New Year Holiday
- High End Clients Pursue Uniqueness. Cruise Companies are Promoting Antarctic Adventure Group Travel Packages
- Upsurge of Overseas Traveling from Border Opening. Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport Passenger Capacity Hugely Increased 8.7 times in October
- YouTube Introduced “handles”: Famous Creators Access Firstly
- Meta is Integrating Facebook and Instagram. Easier Account Switching Between 2 apps in 1 Account Centre
- The Number of Short Video Expands 10 Times with More Attentions on Mid-Tier Influencers! 4 Tips for Social Media Blue Ocean Strategy
- Line Will be Launching an Integrated Platform for Organising Multi-Brand OA and Ad Serving, and a New Non-Cookie User Tracking Method
Must Know for International Travel
ー Tourism Industry Update ー
Taiwan Outbound Departure Statistics for October 2022
- 172,319 Taiwanese went abroad in October 2022, increasing 564,61% from the same period of 2021 when 25,928 people went abroad.
- The top destination for outbound travellers in October 2022 was Japan, followed by America, China, Vietnam and Thailand. Japan has the highest outbound travel destination rate, rising 2952.98 % from the same period of 2021.
Taiwan Inbound Visitor Statistics for October 2022
In July 2022, Taiwan had 93,206 inbound visitors, increasing 560.71% from the same month of 2021
DGBAS Latest Economic Indicators for October 2022
- There were 11.41 million people employed and 431,000 unemployed in October, resulting in an unemployment rate of 3.64%, which was 3.64% after seasonal adjustments. The labor participation rate was 59.28%.
- In September 2022, the average regular wage for employed workers was NT$44,417, which had 0.11% decreasing month-over-month and 2.39% growth year-over-year. The average monthly earnings, including bonuses, overtime pay, and other irregular income, were NT$52,503, which had 0.82% growth year-over-year.
Source: DGBAS Latest Indicators
With No Growing of Flight Numbers and Waypoints in China, and Second Tier Airports Not Ready in Japan,
Vietnam Becomes the Most Favoured Flight Route
Recently, airline companies have been making announcements for resuming waypoints or new destinations with Vietnam to be the most popular choice. The reason that with no growing of flight numbers and waypoints in China due to the lockdown restrictions, and second tier airports will only be ready from the next Q2 in Japan is crucial. Thus, both Taiwanese and Vietnamese airlines focus on the Taiwan-Vietnam flight route.
Source: ET today
Emirates Resumes COVID-19 Medical Travel Insurance for Taiwanese travellers. Up to NTD 5.46 Millions Coverage for COVID-19 Positive Travellers
COVID-19 medical travel insurance was introduced by many airline companies during the epidemic. It was cancelled later due to the fully lifting of lockdown. Considering Taiwanese passengers are more cautious to the pandemic, Emirates announced to resume COVID-19 medical travel insurance until 31 March 2023. Passengers can receive up to USD 175,000 overseas medical expenses when testing positive for COVID-19 from the traveling.
Source: Liberty Times報
China Airlines Increases Passenger Air Routes for Greater
Profits During Lunar New Year Holiday
Overseas travelling to Japan and Korea around lunar new year holiday (December and the next January) is predicted to be an upsurge. China Airlines increases and resumes the northeast flight route for the greater profits during the holiday with 130 flights per week at the moment. From December, the Kaohsiung-Narita route will be restarted; while the return of Kaohsiung-Osaka and Incheon routes will be in January. There will be an increase to 5 return flights a day at Tokyo, Japan, the most beloved traveling city of Taiwanese tourists. China Airlines will recover the northeast passenger air route to 60 % capacity of pre-pandemic in the next Q1.
Source: Commercial Times
High End Clients Pursue Uniqueness. Cruise Companies are Promoting Antarctic Adventure Group Travel Packages
Taiwanese cruise market reached 1 million passengers 2 years in a row from 2018, claimed to be the second biggest market in Asia. Although it was wiped out in 2020 due to the COVID-19, there has always been a group of cruise enthusiast. With the demand growing from high end clients and unique traveling, travel agency is promoting ‘Antarctic Adventure Group Package’. The deployment is in needed even until 2024. The enquiry keeps high up even though the tour fare per person costs NTD 1 million.
Source: China Times
Upsurge of Overseas Traveling from Border Opening. Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport Passenger Capacity Hugely Increased 8.7 times in October
There has been a noticeable increase of the passenger capacity at Taoyuan International Airport since border opening. Statistically, there were 671,000 passengers in October, which significantly increased from the same period of 2021, and was the 9th month of growing. The highest passenger capacity after border reopening was over 40,000 in 20th November. The total number of passenger is expected to be over 4.5 millions this year.
ー Media News ー
YouTube Introduced ‘handles’:
Famous Creators Access Firstly
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and even TikTok users are familiar with ‘@user name’ function. With great challengeS from TikTok, YouTube are now actively promoting ‘Short’ function, and introduced ‘handles’ to build a better communication between creators and audiences.
Meta is Integrating Facebook and Instagram. Easier Account Switching Between 2 apps in 1 Account Centre
Meta tests easier account switching and creating between Facebook and Instagram on Accounts Centre. With this new feature, users can add their Facebook and Instagram credentials to the same Accounts Centre as well as integrate the notifications of these 2 apps.
The Number of Short Video Expands 10 Times with More Attentions on Mid-Tier Influencers! 4 Tips for Social Media Blue Ocean Strategy
According to research institute Influencer Marketing Hub, 67% of the users who are under age 24 are on TikTok. It shows Gen Z dominants the use of short video. Thus, short video is with highly potential for marketing strategy aiming for young audience. On the other hand, although the posting number of Instagram Reels is less than Instagram Post, which is only 22.1% in all kinds of posts, however the ‘reach’ and ‘like’ numbers from Reels significantly exceed other kinds of post content. Hence, with its advantages in highly reach and exposure, Reels can be a better social media marketing strategy for branding in the future.
Source: Business Next
Line Will be Launching an Integrated Platform for Organising Multi-Brand OA and Ad Serving, and a New Non-Cookie User Tracking Method
Line made the announcement of promoting the Business Management Platform in December. The platform allows users to manage multiple Official Accounts, OA, and Ad Serving. Business companies can not only reply all the OA messages from different brands or product lines, they can also integrate all the OA users data for ad serving. In the future, it can be developed as cross analysis for advertising effectiveness.